Langley Health Services
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is a robust team player. We hire to retire. Join our awesome team professionals today!
- health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- FREE medical co-pays
- paid time off
- eight paid holidays
- company paid life insurance and short term disability
To assist the CFO in planning and directing accounting activities within our organization by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned) and include the
1. Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
2. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions. The expectation will be that all supporting information will be attached to all journal entries.
3. Cash & Grant reporting of money’s received and expended on grant.
4. Participates in preparing and reviewing materials requiring analyses of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly.
4. Assist in the preparation of PBC audit materials and external financial reporting.
5. Participates in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
6. Reviews financial statements with supervisor(s).
7. Support and be responsive to both the Accts Payable and Payroll/Cash recording personnel.
8. Maintains Prepaid schedule and related amortization.
9. Monitors additions to Fixed Assets and prepares monthly Depreciation entry.
10. Suggest procedures to improve efficiency.
11. Assist in the preparation of budget(s) for Grants and organization.
12. Reviews contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
13. Assists with cash projections and forecasts, including the daily monitoring of cash flow.
14. Prepares all the monthly Bank Reconciliations.
15. Attends meetings as requested.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or CFO.
17. Maintain HIPAA requirements at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University + 5 years’ experience. Ability to work with spreadsheets, operate computers, calculators, accounting software and/or any other office software.
Must have strong experience in Microsoft Office (excel). Including designing and re-designing spreadsheets, V Lookups, Pivot creation, filtering large data files in Excel.
Advanced Excel skills stongly prefered.
QuickBooks Desktop experience is required.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports and documentation, and/or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Commensurate depending on experience.
To apply please email your resume to the reply link or fax to 855-832-3504, attention Human Resources. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug -free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com