Langley Health Services
We are looking for a Referral Coordinator who is a robust team player. We hire to retire. Join our awesome team of medical and dental professionals today!
- health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- FREE medical co-pays
- paid time off
- eight paid holidays
- company paid life insurance and short term disability
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Have basic knowledge of dental insurance and assist patients in understanding their coverage and liability.
- Applies discretion and independent judgment to problems relating to medical records and referrals.
- Organize specialty providers to refer PHI patients to base on insurance or lack of insurance.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient and strategic organization’s information
- Communicates effectively, provides excellent customer service internally and externally
- Schedule STAT requested referrals per specialty and insurance plan, logging information in computer.
- Document referral to be closed to include attached copy of patient consult report and/or reason for referral closure.
- Communicate with other departments/patients/providers and agencies to facilitate smooth transactions.
- Works in coordination with other departments to maintain medical records in accord with established policies and procedures.
- Scan referrals and authorization approvals or denials into correct patient chart.
- Schedule all appointments for patients when authorizations come back approved/denied for all dental locations.
- Maintain proper treatment plans for approved authorizations along with patient signatures.
- Discuss with patients who have questions regarding their treatment plan to make sure patient understands future treatment.
- Update information as necessary
- Understand and properly execute medical records release procedures.
- Maintains the medical records copy and fax machine in working order.
- Assists health care representatives with obtaining provider signatures and with scheduling lunches to meet with providers.
- Answers all incoming Referral department calls and returns voicemails within 24-48 hour time frame.
- Maintain productivity goal set by Practice Manager and Executive team
- Attends meeting/huddles, seminars, workshops, and classes to enhance work performance when applicable.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Skilled in oral and written communication
- Computer, insurance and money-handling experience preferred
- Preferred: 3 years’ healthcare/dental experience
To apply please email your resume to the reply link or fax to 855-832-3504, attention Human Resources. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com