Langley Health Services
We are looking for a full-time Expanded Functions Dental Assistant for our Mobile Dental Unit who is a robust team player. We hire to retire. Join our awesome team of medical and dental professionals today!
- health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- FREE medical co-pays
- paid time off
- eight paid holidays
- company paid life insurance and short term disability
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the dentist during examination and treatment of patients.
- Provide diagnostic aid, including exposing and developing radiographs, taking and recording medical and dental histories, recording vital signs and taking preliminary impressions for study casts as needed.
- Perform prophylaxis and fluoride treatments on children, and give oral hygiene instructions.
- Prepare operatory, instruments, and patient for dental treatment.
- Coordinate arrival and departure of patient with receptionist.
- Properly clean and sterilize instruments, operatory, and laboratory as patient flow or procedures dictate.
- Give post-operative instructions to the patient as prescribed by the dentist.
- Possess a working knowledge of medical emergencies and assist in the management of them.
- Assist dentist in screening and education programs, including off-site.
- Assist the front desk staff when necessary. Should know how to schedule patients, answer phones, & use the computer.
- Restock operatories as needed. Order supplies and maintain inventory control as assigned by the Dental Director.
- Responsible for maintenance of autoclave, x-ray developer, and water system at specified intervals when sterilization technician not available.
- Expanded functions certificate Required
- Xray certification
- CPR Certification Required
Preferred but not required
- Nitrous oxide certification
To apply please email your resume to the reply link or fax to 855-832-3504, attention Human Resources. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug -free workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com